Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Buena Park High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

JV Girl’s Basketball vs Corona Del Mar

The Buena Park girls Jv team faced off against Corona del mar. In the first Corona Del Mar got out to an early 6-12 lead. It was mostly back and forth with us trailing by 7 but they were keeping it in range for the most part. In the second quarter it was much the same as Buena Park would score then Corona Del Mar would strike right back. Corona Del Mar kept this lead through the first and second. Going into the half Corona Del Mar was up 12-20. In The third quarter Buena park closed the gap. Myah had 2 3s in this corner making the score 18-20. This was the closest the score has been all game. Corona Del Mar quickly answered back though, getting a 18-24 lead right before the half was over. In the 4th Myah continued her scoring outburst scoring 2 layups at the start of the 4th. Making the score 22-24 Corona Del Mar answered once again with points. No scoring happened in the middle of the quarter until the end when Myah hit another layup making the score 28-28 with 1 minute left. Buena Park got the ball back and Myah hit a big 3 to put Buena Park up by 3. They would close the game and win, Myah’s big game helped the Coyotes advance to 1-1.