Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Buena Park High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Interviewing Staff and Student Their Opinions on the NBA Season

We asked around the Buena Park campus to get an idea on what Nba teams people may like and some teams they don’t like. Some of the favorites were the Lakers and Celtics but this was expected. As these are the most popular teams in the Nba all time. The Lakers are also the most popular team in California and this pushes that agenda of them being chosen. The Celtics being chosen is kinda odd but it makes sense as they are a really popular team as well. As they too have a rich history with historic all time greats including Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Bob Cousy, and John Havlicheck. The new stars of this team include Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, and Jrue Holiday. This is most likely why this team is popular even in California. It is not a surprise to me that these were the most popular teams picked. The Bucks were also a popular team as multiple people picked them to win the finals. This is because of their new pick up in Damien Lillard. This new duo has people picking them to be on top of the league. Damien and Giannis have high expectations for most people. 

Some of the worst rated teams were the wizards, and nets. This is probably because both of these teams have low star power and that they are both franchises with not a lot of rich history. Not only from this era but even the older eras of basketball. This could also be that these teams both had underwhelming seasons the past few years and because of the trading that the  nets have been doing. Overall these teams were not that liked and were voted as the worst teams to come in this Nba season. 

Some star players that people liked were Luka Donic, Steph Curry, and Kyrie irving. This isn’t a surprise at all as well. All of these players have unique high scoring playstyles. From the playmaking and shot making of luka even with his slow playstyle. Or Curry with his limitless range and amazing shot making. As he has the most 3s all time and is a fan favorite from his fun playstyle. Kyrie as well with his handles and ability to make tough shots. He is regarded by most to have the best handles of all time. Be sure to look out for these stars for this upcoming Nba season.