New Movies

New+Movies

The filming industry is filled with excitement as upcoming movies get ready to surprise us with upcoming films. From action and thrill rides to heart-touching dramas and everything cool in between, get ready to be amazed by an awesome mix of stories, characters, and emotions.

Being totally fascinated by the most exciting movie you’ve ever seen, munching on popcorn as you watch the best adventures unfold before your eyes is a feeling most of us know well. You’ll get totally wrapped up in the lives of the best characters who will make you laugh, cry, and jump for joy. The movie theater is about to become a magical place where anything can happen!

Andrea Vargas, a ninth grader, lets us know what films she’s anticipating to release! “Honestly, ever since I saw the trailers, I’ve been wanting to see The Barbie Movie. I really liked Margot Robbie in Suicide Squad, so seeing another one of her films with her starring as Barbie would be so cool.”

The Barbie Movie is set to release July 21, 2023. The movie stars various famous actors, such as Margot Robbie, Ryan Gosling, Will Ferrell, Michael Cera, and more! It’s truly amazing seeing all these talented actors come together to make this movie. With the other films they’ve been in, I can feel it’ll be one of the next top movies for 2023. 

This movie is suitable for kids ages 13 and up as there are some scenes that may not be suitable for young children so make sure to watch with an adult if you’re younger. Overall, this movie will be suitable for young highschool students around Buena Park High School so it is recommended to watch with family and friends but we suggest the younger siblings stay home for this one.

“One of my favorite movies from this year has to be Scream 6! When I heard Jenna Ortega and Courtney Cox would be in the movie, I thought it would be fun to go see it. However, my favorite movie of all time has to be High School Musical!”, says Andrea.

Another student–a tenth grader–Dymond Thompson, is ready to watch one of these new films this weekend! “I’d say the movie I’d want to see the most this year would have to be The Little Mermaid since I’m planning to go see it with my family and my friend! I’m excited to see Halle Bailey as the first Black Ariel!”

The Little Mermaid is a 2023 live action film based on the original 1989 film. The film stars Halle Bailey as Ariel, Melissa McCarthy as Ursula, Jonah Hauer-King as Prince Eric, and more! The Little Mermaid is a beloved classic film, which means many fans of the film are excited to see the live action! It’s set to release on May 26, 2023 in theaters.

Dymond adds, “When it comes to adaptations, a lot of the times they can be hit-or-miss. But I’ve heard really good things about the live action Little Mermaid, along with multiple trailers and sneak-peaks. So, I knew I had to go see it for myself in theaters!”

The new movies that are coming out soon are gonna be so cool! They’re gonna have awesome special effects, amazing actors, and stories that will keep you on the edge of your seat. There’s gonna be something for everyone, whether you like romance, dramas, action, or maybe a mix of all.

These movies will all be special since they have tons of talented people putting in the hard work and effort to make them enjoyable for their viewers. They all work together as a team, like the actors, producers, directors, stylists, and more! As high schoolers, we can learn a lot from these movies and have fun talking about them with our friends. So get ready to be entertained, inspired, and have some great conversations!