Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Buena Park High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Spring Assembly!

Spring+Assembly%21
Jay Carroll

Coyotes! We are on the last stretch of the road. For many of the students at BP, this is the literal end of the road because it’s their final year. It’s a very interesting time for Seniors at BP. And, what way to come to the end of that road with a traditional Spring Assembly!

The Spring Assembly’s hype was built up upon with ASB introducing another Spirit Week. For this week’s theme, students were asked to dress in bright and elaborate colors because… our theme was Willy Wonka Week! Days consisted of outfit ideas such as Sour Patch (Neon Day), Mike and Ike (Twin Day), Nerds & Smarties (Dress like a nerd), and Jolly Rancher (Tie Dye Day)! Also, each class was told to wear a specific color that matches their class. This varied between the Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors.

Also, the assembly was an opportunity for students to be introduced to their Spring Sports teams. For example, teams like Varsity Baseball were given the chance to be appreciated for their awesome season this year and currently hold a 16-4 record. It means a lot to take some time and give thanks to those athletes who help keep an awesome image for Buena Park at other schools. Their hard work and dedication shouldn’t go unnoticed. 

Even if you aren’t into sports, the Spring Assembly has something to offer! Groups like Dance Production did their thing as usual and put on a great show. Choir also sang classics like Buena Park’s Alma Mater. Also, many games were held to help build up hype in the assembly. 

Taking some time to regroup and have fun is perfect for our Coyotes. Right now, a lot of things are filling the schedules of students all across campus. Getting lost in your tasks may become a bit stressful, especially for students who wish to finish strong. But, the Spring Assembly brought that chance for students who chose to get involved. Making the most of those small moments always tend to stand out.