Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Buena Park High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Track Meet 3/13/24

Emily Gonzalez
Leading The Pack

The track meet on March 13 was an exciting event to be at. There were so many different activities during the meet and so many runners from Buena Park, Sunny Hills, and Troy. 

Starting off with full time varsity football and track athlete Danny Washington, he scored third place in varsity discus throw with a distance of 28.39m. What a great performance by him.

Next up, Joshua Chavez won third place in the 800m run with a time of 2:14.17. What a nice run.

Time for frosh and sophomores. Saxton,Taylor, Oaks, Chaves, and Delgado scored second place in the 4×100 relay with 49.39 seconds. Team work makes the dream work.

Brenda Mendoza ran the 3200m and scored third place with a time of 13:52.87. So much stamina needed for that run and third place is a great rank. 

Danny Donovan Washington, the twin of Danny Washington, won first place in varsity shot put winning with 11.48m, just surpassing Sunny Hill’s Larry Alvarez 11.45m. Jesus Sandoval also backed up Buena Park scoring third place with 10.92m.

Girls varsity shot put had Elizabeth Sandoval, scoring second place with 8.43m. What a tremendous show of athleticism.

There were many more contestants in this meet who have everyone’s utmost respect in Buena Park High School. Every athlete showed incredible amount of persistence and strength during this meet and we are all proud of their accomplishments.